“You” is the client/customer or user of this website. We refer to you as “you”, “your” or “client”.
“Affiliate” is a company that is in the CNL family of companies.
“Third Party” or “Third Parties” is a company (ies) that is not a company in the CNL family of companies.
“Personal Information” about you, for purposes of this policy, is information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you or your household.
Personal Information We Collect
We collect the following categories of Personal Information from you:
- The information that you voluntarily supply to us when you make an investment.
- The information that you voluntarily supply to your stock broker, registered investment adviser, financial professional, custodian, or the channel through which you make an investment with our Affiliates, and that is in turn provided to us.
- The information that you supply to us voluntarily via the website, email, telephone or mail.
- Information about your use of our website. By example, such information includes the pages you access, the time you spend on the page and the like, to the extent you do not turn off cookies, tracking and the like via your web browser settings.
Note that when you use our website, we use “cookies,” which are small data files your web browser stores on your hard drive that allow our website to recognize your computer so that you can use the site efficiently. You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. But if you choose to block cookies, you may lose some functionality of our website -- that is, it may not work entirely correctly. For more information on what cookies are, review this information: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie.
What We Do With Your Personal Information
We may use your Personal Information:
- To administer our business and provide service to you.
- To contact you, including to respond to questions you may raise.
- To advertise to you.
- To make changes to and improve our website.
- To respond to law enforcement, court, or regulatory inquiries.
- For our legitimate internal business purposes, including analytics designed to improve and enhance the services we may offer you.
- To share with third parties with which we contract as defined by the purpose of the contract. See also “How We Share Your Information” below.
To protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access and use, CNL employs security measures, such as technological safeguards and secured files and buildings. We also contractually require any Third Parties that we may share your Personal Information with to comply with all privacy and security laws. CNL will only share such information with contracted third parties subject to appropriate confidentiality agreements that obligate Third Parties to maintain and protect the confidentiality of such information.
How We Share Your Personal Information
We may share your Personal Information as follows:
- CNL will not sell your Personal Information as part of it business (e.g. as a “product”); however, at times CNL will contract with Third Parties to provide services to CNL. As part of that agreement, the Third Party may gain rights to own or use your information.
- As indicated above, CNL does not currently sell your information as a product; however, if in the future CNL determines that it will sell your information as a product, it will first seek your express permission before so doing if required by law.
- If you do not want us to share your Personal Information for use by Third Parties for their own marketing purposes, either so indicate at the time of collection, or please follow the procedure described below to opt out of such sharing.
- CNL transfers information to and sometimes among its Affiliates for the purposes of carrying out the business operations of each of the Affiliates. This information may include your Personal Information.
- None of the Affiliates focuses its business on “data sales” or “data mining” your information.
- None of the Affiliates focuses its business on marketing your data as a product.
- Rather, each of the Affiliates is, generally speaking, in the business of investing in real estate, operating businesses, and securities (i.e. “stock”) or supporting such businesses.
- CNL may share your Personal Information with government agencies and/or officials when required to do so by law, rule or regulation.
- CNL may share your Personal Information with our lawyers, accountants, consultants, and other service providers when necessary for them to provide advice and services to CNL; however, our service providers are contractually bound to use such information only for the intended purpose.
If in the unlikely event CNL is sold or acquired, it will likely include your Personal Information as a part of that sale, and we will not ask for your permission prior to such company sale unless a court rules that we must. Similarly, if in the unlikely event CNL or an Affiliate declares bankruptcy, your Personal Information may be transferred via that bankruptcy proceeding as an “asset” of the bankruptcy estate.
Your Rights and “Opting Out”
You have the right to know the following with respect to Personal Information about you that we have processed within the past 12 months:
- what specific information we have collected about you
- what categories of Personal Information we have collected about you
- the categories of the sources of Personal Information we have collected about you
- the categories of Personal Information that we have shared with Third Parties for a business purpose about you
- the business or commercial purpose for collecting and sharing Personal Information
Please note that you also have the right to:
- Correct Errors (sometimes referred to as “rectification”), meaning the right to correct errors in the Personal Information we have about you.
- Opt Out of Our Sharing Your Personal Information with Third Parties for their own marketing purposes.
- To be forgotten or deleted, meaning the right to have your Personal Information removed.
- Please note that your right to be forgotten/deleted is limited in some instances, including: (i) where we maintain applicable record-keeping rights, (ii) consistent with our regulatory/legal compliance requirements, (iii) if we need to keep your Personal Information to complete the transaction(s) for which it was collected, (iv) to prevent fraudulent, malicious, deceptive or illegal activity, (v) to identify and repair errors; (vi) if another federal, state or other law preempts your right regarding deletion, (vii) if we have any right to retain the information by law or regulation that exists or later may be established over time.
- Please note that we will not usually be able to delete your information from back-up systems, but instead such information will be deleted or destroyed in accordance with routine back-up retention policies.
- Likewise, we may continue to keep information that has been anonymized (i.e. your identifying information has been removed) or aggregated (your information has been added to a data pool but without your identifying information).
Should you wish to correct errors or be forgotten/deleted, please contact us using the below-referenced phone number, email address or form. If you wish to opt out of our sharing of your Personal Information with Third Parties for their own marketing purposes, please follow the steps set out in this form.
Please contact us at 1-866-650-0650, email@example.com, or by filling out this privacy request form.
Our Right to Verification
In interacting with you and in order to ensure that no Personal Information is inappropriately disclosed or deleted, please understand that we are required by law to require that you prove to us that you are who you represent yourself to be before taking any actions that you may request with respect to Personal Information.
In verifying who you are, we routinely require the following information which is not an exhaustive list: your name, address, telephone number, certain identification characteristics of your account, Social Security number, information from you driver’s license or other government issued identification, and other information that we may reasonably require to authenticate your identity. Likewise, we may require you to provide to us other additional elements of data for authentication purposes.
We do not solicit or wish to obtain the personal information of non-United States residents. By using our website or doing business with CNL, you represent that you are present and reside in the United States when you do so. Moreover, you agree that the law of the United States, and in particular, Orange County, Florida, shall apply to and govern your business with us.
You may print this information by clicking here.
Amended: March 2021